Sunday, 19 June 2011

Summer Reading List

Here are all the books I have set myself the target of reading by the end of summer - I shall cross them out as I finish them.  This is as much a guide for me to keep on track as it is for anyone else but I thought some people might be interested - I like to think I have pretty good taste in fiction!

Key: Currently reading. Finished.  Yet to start.

FICTION
Burmese Days - George Orwell
A Long Way Down - Nick Hornby
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest - Ken Kesey
The Beach - Alex Garland
The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency - Alexander McCall Smith
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - Hunter S. Thompson

GRAPHIC FICTION
Daytripper - Fabio Moon and Gabriel Ba
Persepolis  1&2 - Marjane Satrapi
Embroideries - Marjane Satrapi
Ghost World - Daniel Clowes
David Boring - Daniel Clowes
I Kill Giants - Joe Kelly and Jim Ken Niimura
Arkham Asylum - Grant Morrison and Dave McKean
Complete Sandman series - Neil Gaiman and others
The Luck In The Head - Ian Miller
Watchmen (again) - Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons
The Invisibles: Say You Want  A Revolution - Grant Morrison and others
Black Hole - Charles Burns
The Complete Essex County - Jeff Lemire
De: Tales - Fabio Moon and Gabriel Ba
It's A Good Life If You Don't Weaken - Seth

NON-FICTION
Thinking Visually - Mark Wigan
Sequential Images - Mark Wigan
99 Ways To Tell A Story - Matt Madden
Pictures And Words: New Comic Art And Narrative Illustration - Roanne Bell and Mark Sinclair
Understanding Comics - Scott McCloud
Comics And Sequential Art - Will Eisner

The list keeps getting longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment