Saturday, 14 May 2011

First year = OVER.

I cannot begin to describe how quickly this year has gone or how wonderful it has been.  Yes I could have tried harder, yes I could have spent less and yes I could have gone out more but if I could go back in time I'd do it the same all over again.  Coming to university was the best decision I ever made: it's been a year of firsts (except in relation to my grades, they're more 2:1s) and I just hope the next two years follow in the same vein.  It's definitely gonna be hard to top this.

Anyway on to some illustration.  Even though it's been less than a week since I finished my first year, I kinda miss it already.  It only took me a couple of days to notice and the moment I did I searched for something to do.  We do have a summer project (which I will keep you all posted about as it develops) but I wasn't quite ready to start it yet so I headed over to creativeallies.com, my favourite illustration-based competition site, and found this.
 
Unlike most of my degree work I came up with a rough idea almost instantly and roughed out a few thumbnails in pencil before scanning in the best and vectorizing it in good ol' Photoshop.  And here are the results:


You can like and rate my entry to help my chances of winning the $300 prize here. 

1 comment:

  1. This is amazing, i really need to check the site and vote for you!! :D xx

    ReplyDelete